Monday 15 May 2017

Component 1 - final piece

Component One - Final piece
For my component one final piece, I decided to look over all of my previous work, to decide what I felt worked the best technique wise. I have always enjoyed creating double exposures, so I felt that this would be a good route to go down in terms of a final piece. 


Final images





Above are the four final images which I will be using for my two final double exposures. Once again I will be incorporating the topic of man and nature by using images from both of the topics. I have also made sure that both images are contrasting in colour (bright and dull).



When I started to create both of my final pieces, I first had to ensure that neither image was a large amount bigger than the other. Luckily this did not pose a problem when it came to my work.
I then brought both images onto to the same document, so they were overlaying. 

The opacity of layer 1 was then changed so that both images could be seen (one more faintly than the other), which created the image shown above.



Then to distort the colour od my photographs to get the purple and yellow tinges, I altered the colour levels withing the photograph layers individually. I felt that this made the piece more abstract, modern and also much more interesting to look at from the viewers eye. Although this was a simple techique to carry out, it took time ensureing the colour levels were correct, and gave the effect that I wanted.



Final results

These are the final results which I achieved with the technique. I do like the initial look of both of the pieces, but at a first glance I wonder if people will be able to see both images clearly straight away. This would be something I would work on if i was to re-try the technique.













No comments:

Post a Comment